Target Shopping Trip 7/23
Well, I normally do one target shopping trip every other Saturday – but not yesterday – oh yes, I made the trip and filled a cart full of things…then upon checkout the unspeakable happened.
The cashier refused to take more than one coupon for anything, including MCs.
I asked her way and she said if the numbers are alike they can’t take them.
I told her I might believe that for Target Coupons but I wasn’t buying it for MCs…She said that was their policy I could take it up with the manager.
So I waited for the manager, who never showed herself…I said give me my coupons I will not shop here anymore.
As I was leaving, the lady standing behind me pushed the full cart to guest services. I assumed this was the manager and she just didn’t want to confront me.
So I got to the car and I called the store back on the phone and I asked to speak to the store manager. I was given the front end manager (btw I was the front end manager in that particular store for two years after it first opened).
I asked her name – I told her so if I go buy four Sunday papers and I have four the same coupon you will only take one…she said yes. I then asked her name. She told me her name was Joy, she didn’t give me her last name. I said fine JOY, I will be calling corporate. She said you do that and hung up on me.
Folks, here is Target’s coupon policy….read it carefully and let me know if you see that in there…
Manufacturer and Target Coupons:
- · Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon and one Target Coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon).
- · Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.).
- · Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
- · We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- · All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier during checkout.
- · All applicable sales taxes are paid by the guest at the full value of the item.
- · These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (Color Checkout Coupons, Internet Coupons, Mobile Coupons, Mailed Coupons, Coupons from Newspapers and Magazines, etc.).
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
- · We gladly accept valid internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
- · We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
- · Guests can receive Target Mobile Coupons by signing up for Text Alerts at Target.com/mobile or by texting COUPONS to 827438 (TARGET).
- · Message and data rates may apply. See site for full details.
- · To redeem, simply show your coupon barcode to the cashier. With one simple scan, all applicable coupons are applied.
Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO):
- · BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- · A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item.
- o If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon may be used on the first item.
- o If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.
- · Coupons are void if copied, scanned, transferred, purchased, sold, prohibited by law, or appear altered in any way.
- · We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- · Some items may not be available at all stores.
- · We do not accept expired coupons.
Didn’t see it, didn’t think you did…
Normally I carry my binder in every store, and in my binder is a printed copy of all the stores I shop coupon’s policies.
I didn’t have my binder with me yesterday b/c I never USUALLY have a problem…well lesson learned for me.
I have emailed corporate and will let you know if they do anything. Target lost a $200 order (well it would have been ALOT cheaper after coupons), but I’m more upset over the way I was treated (like I’m stupid) and the fact that several of those coupons expired yesterday and now I can’t use them.
Thanks for listening,
The Coup Diva